Gallery Listing Page
With Granite you have the possibility to create unique gallery listing pages. In the following tutorial we review how to set up your gallery listing pages.
Add Gallery Listings Page
Step 1 – Create Galleries Page
Go to Pages > Add New:
Now you can go over to the right hand side, and in “Page Attributes” select the “Latest Post Types” option for the template.
Step 2 – Select your Layout Options
Now that you have selected the Latest Posts Type page template, scroll down, and again in the right hand sidebar, there will be a section “Latest Posts”. This section will have all the relevant options for your blog page. See details on the options below:
- Select Post Type – Select “Galleries” (there are also options for galleries and pages).
- Select Post Category – This is useful for creating category type galleries pages. If you want all posts to show leave the selections blank.
- Enable Category Switcher at top – this is the option to have a category menu in the galleries page. There are 2 options – inline, or a dropdown menu.
- View Type – There are 8 options for various view types. (Each option will enable further options below) From left to right:
- List View with Text Under – featured image and text under.
- List view no image – this is a text only list view.
- Grid View Text Under – Grid view masonry with the title will be below the image, and option to choose number of columns.
- Card View 1 – Alternating Images and text (also available with slider option for featured image).
- Card View 2 – Image left and text right (also available with slider option for featured image).
- Pattern – this will create 3 patterns, one image left 2 right, single image and 50/50 split left and right.
- Number of Posts – Select how many galleries per page available for all options.
- Number of Columns – This will be available for grid views. You can choose how many columns the posts are displayed in between 2-4.
- Gutter Type – Again this is relevant only for gallery grids. This is the padding around the posts.
- Enable Pagination – Do you want to show more pages for posts, if so, select Yes. No will show only the number of posts you have selected in the number of posts section.
- Use Slider instead of featured image – this option is available for view 5 and 6. The featured image is replaced with a slider of the images inside the post (up to 5).
Step 4 – Select Sidebar if required
Now that you’ve selected the relevant layout options, you can select a sidebar if required. Scroll down to “Layout and Sidebars” again on the right hand side. There are 3 options:
- No Sidebar
- Right Sidebar
- Left Sidebar
Choose your option.
Step 5 – Publish the Page
Now scroll to the top right, publish the page and you can now add it to your menu.
With Como we’ve added some additional page settings that can be applied separately on any page. The options will be available just below the main page content.
Show Page Title
Do you want to display the page title, select “Yes” or “No”
Enable Widget Area Located before page content
If you have added any widgets in the widget area before page content in Appearance > Widgets you can show them on the page.
Enable Widget Area Located below page content
If you have added any widgets in the widget area below page content in Appearance > Widgets you can show them on the page.