With Lovely we’ve added our own Galleries post type. Allowing you to display multiple galleries in the latest galleries page. The following article explains how to create the single galleries, and the available slider options.
Adding a Single Gallery
Below you can see a video on creating a new gallery:
Step 1 – Create Gallery
In your WordPress backend, go to Galleries > and then “Add New”
Step 2 – Add Title and Content
These fields have the same role as on default blog posts. If you want to use a WordPress mosaic gallery, you can insert this shortcode here.
Step 3 – Attach Images
This box is added by the theme, and it allows to add to, sort and delete images from your gallery. It should be located on the right hand side, sometimes it is below the content area. You can attach the images by using the standard WordPress media uploader, taking items from either the Media Library or you can drag and drop items here to upload them.
Step 4 – Add Categories and Tags
You can use categories and tags to define sections of your site and group related galleries, this is useful later if you want to create separate category based gallery pages, or menu items.
5. Add a Featured Image – a featured image is usually used on archive pages to represent a gallery post. You should add a featured image on all galleries as it is used to generate the thumbnail previews. We recommend using the same size for all featured images for example 600x600px (It could be 600×400 if you use landscape).
Global Gallery Settings
Global Single Gallery settings are found in Flothemes > Sliders.
There are various options available on this page, you can see them below:
1. Select Single Gallery Slider Type – here you can choose from 1 of 4 gallery types.
2. Space around visible near by slider images – spacing between slider images.
3. Slide Width/height – width and height of the slideshow, these options are different for each view.
4. Add opacity – this will make images that are not the main focus slightly opaque.
5. Autoplay – time for auto play of the slider.
6. Spacing – this is spacing below the single gallery.
Other gallery options can be found under Flothemes > ‘Posts Settings‘ tab:
As you can see in the image above, the last option is related to the content position for the Sly slider type. This option will appear inSliders Settings only in case when the ‘Sly‘ slider type is selected.
1. Slideshow with thumbnails – this slideshow will have visible nearby images, and has a toggle for thumbnails.
2. Single Image with thumbnails – this slideshow will show one image at a time with thumbnails available.
3. Sly Slider – The sly slider will show images across the full screen, and the user can scroll with their mouse on this. You will also notice an icon over the image, this will allow the user to click on and read the gallery description.
NOTE! This slider type is not recommended for usability.
4. Slick Slider – this is a new gallery option that was added in version 2.0. This slider is best used for a combination of landscape and portrait images, also offering autoplay and opacity on the nearby images: