Many users will want to display some of their best images on the homepage to create a nice look that will wow their users. To create a slideshow in Cozy is relatively simple.
1. Go to Slideshow, it will be at the top left in your WordPress dashboard.
2. In slideshow you can view all your slideshows (if you’ve created any), if not go to add new.
3. In the image below you can see the options when you can create a slideshow :
As you can see in the image above, at the top there are settings that will define the current slideshow. These options are the transition effect that can have the following values <Fade | Horizontal slide | Vertical slide> . The other 2 options will define the Slideshow hover opacity.
If you want to enable it, you just select any color using the color picker, and then select the opacity. The color and the opacity selected is designed to disappear when user hovers over the slideshow.
4. Now you will want to add images, to do so where is says “upload an image or choose one from media library” you can add an image. Either drag and drop a new image in from your desktop, or select one from the media library, then select add this attachment.
There are other options below this, including adding titles over the image, you can add a video if you want to show a video here (using a vimeo or youtube link), you can add a slideshow description, and also a button title and a custom link if you wish to direct the user to another page or post.
Then there are settings that will affect each slide in part. You can see in the image below where the Slide title, description and the slide button:
5. Once you’ve added all these details at the bottom select add to slideshow, and you can then repeat the process to add more images to it.
And there is one more option that will enable or disable the autoplay for all the Slideshows available. That setting can be used from ‘Sliders’ settings:
A very common question that we get is related to image and slideshow size. The Slideshow’s image size is defined from ‘Image Sizes’ settings:
The values in these settings will be used to crop images at that size. Also it will define the size of the Slideshow which will be proportional to the defined sizes based on the screen width.
NOTE! The recommended image size width is 1920px, and the height can have any value. Make sure that the image you upload matches these image size settings.