- 1. Getting Started
- 2. Navigation and Logo
- 3. Home Page
- 4. Slideshow
- 5. Blog
- 6. Galleries
- 7. Video
- 8. Contact
- 9. Social Networks
- 10. About Pages
- 11. Other Pages
- 12. Footer and Widgets
- 13. Fonts
- 14. Flothemes Settings Area
- 15. Shop
Adding Social Networks
Sydney provides several places where you can show the links to the social networks profiles. The following article explains how to add your social network links to your site and where they can be used.
Adding Social Networks
Now that we know how to enable the social profile links, we will show how to control which profiles and in what order will show up. For that we need to use the ‘Social media’ options available under the ‘General’ settings.
When setting up each social profile icon it is necessary to add the following information:
- Social network name. The name is used to provide the default icons for the supported services. We provide icons for the following social networks: facebook, twitter, gplus, yahoo, dribbble, linkedin, vimeo, youtube, tumblr, delicious, flickr, instagram, pinterest. And it is important to know that if you want to use the built in font icons, you should use the exact same name as we provide in the list above.
- Social Network URL (i.e. http://facebook.com/flothemes)
- Icon Image(optional) – in case you don’t like the default icons
- Icon Image Hover(optional) – in case you don’t like the default icons
After all the social profile icons are added, you can sort them by using drag and drop.
Also under the ‘Social Media’ setting you’ll find the options to enable and disable the social sharing buttons for the blog posts and gallery posts.
Using Social Networks
One of these areas is in the header, and it can be enabled from the header settings area Flothemes > Header and Logo > Menu:
And a second way of adding the social profile icons, is by using the ‘Social Network’ widget. The widget can be used in any available widget area in Appearance > Widgets:
Contact Page Template
The contact page template also allows you to display your relevant social networks. When using the contact page template, you will be shown a contact page meta box, this will have all the options for the contact page. One of the options is “Enable Social Links” this will allow you to show social links on the contact page:
The About page template also offers the same option to enable social links in the About Page Metabox: